Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Vita Nova


"Vita Nova " is Latin for " new life " or "new beginnings". Nothing says new beginning like a new born baby. This is a sneak peak of baby Merrick that I managed to photograph despite the parental protests of no paparazzi. He is a beautiful boy and the pride and joy of his family. Thinking of babies , it will not be long before our own Ms. T. will be cradling her own bundle of joy. Bringing new life into this world is an immense responsibility as well as an infinite labor of love . This is also a time when people think of resolutions for a "vita nova". I have never been one to make resolutions but this year I have decided that at least one is long overdue .
It is actually the same as Oprah's resolution . It is not about weight .
It is about love .
To love myself enough in order to take better care of myself. To put myself on the list of people I love. I have always thought that was such a vain and selfish thing. Now I know better .
I might pedicure my feet more , manicure my hands more , buy something frivolous just because I want too, travel more, read more, rest more, bike more, walk more , talk more , laugh more ... and most importantly ,
live more.
It is 2009. Time passes and waits for no man ..or woman.
It is about balance . It is about time .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and it is about you!

It's about time........geesh

Maria said...

I also vow to travel more... That should leave absolutely no time for anything else.